Due to the nature of roofs, a roof garden is built on cement or other rigid basis, which offers an extremely narrow root zone or substrate layer. In some cases the substrate layer is no more than 20 cm high, limiting the availability of resources, such as nutrients, while complicating the plant growing process. These unique growing conditions require a solution that is extremely precise and resource efficient.
Netafim’s drip irrigation solution for roof gardens is invisible, as it is installed in the subsurface of the substrate layer. The solution offers a precise combination of nutrients and water that are delivered directly to the plant’s roots zone, effectively “teaspoon feeding” plants. This uniform distribution of water and nutrients maximizes the plant’s intake of nutrients while enabling the plant to small and effective root lump.
Netafim’s drip irrigation solves the following roof garden challenges:
- Thin root layer – Netafim’s drip irrigation solution delivers water and nutrients directly to the plant’s roots zone in a precise and efficient manner, this method compensates for the lack of natural nutrient resources.
- High winds – Roof tops are generally more windy, so using overhead irrigation such as sprayers and rotors will not only waste most of the water, it may also spray water on walls and other undesired places. Netafim’s solution is buried underground, making it completely resistant to high winds.
- Low pressure – Water pressure at the top of apartment buildings is rarely ideal for irrigation systems. They are either to high or too low. Netafim’s irrigation solutions are both low pressure and low flow systems. This means that they can operate in low pressure conditions, which Netafim’s pressure regulators bring the operating pressure in high pressure conditions into an acceptable range.
- Weight load – Netafim’s solution enables many short drip irrigation cycles with calculated intervals that help prevent overweight caused by excess water on the roof.
- Self cleaning and root prevention – Netafim’s drip irrigation solutions were designed to operate in the toughest environments (even below the ground) without requiring any maintenance or intervention. A combination of unique technologies ensures that the dripper withstands dirt clogging and intrusion of roots.
New York Plantings Irrigation and Landscape Lighting NYC offers An irrigation service contract or drip irrigation service agreement in which provided Winterizing services as well as the Spring irrigation startup are provided.
Other premium service agreements include additional visits to adjust the drip irrigation system and monitor the performance and efficiency of the system throughout the growing season.
Proper garden and landscape irrigation system design and maintenance is one of the best ways to ensure a happy, healthy landscape and to prevent costly repairs.
Contact NewYorkPlantings.com irrigation services at 646-434-8049 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
New York Plantings Irrigation and Landscape Lighting
333 E 14 st box 1229
Manhattan, NY 10009
646-434-8049 Site url: http://www.newyorkplantings.com/Irrigation.html